Sunday, August 26, 2007

Um What?

Ok, so I'm just kind of lounging today as I recover from so much good work done at the retreat (more about that later - maybe). And due to our current tv/cable situation we only get a few channels. Currently I'm watching abc. When I started watching, the show NBA Access was on. One of the little features they showed was about the San Antonia Spurs and their homecoming as the 2007 NBA champs. One of the things that they said over and over was that the fans were so great, and really behind their team and that was because the Spurs are the only professional team in San Antonio. I thought that was interesting and that it made sense.

NBA Access ended and a WNBA playoff game came on. They started talking about the various teams. Turns out that there is a WNBA team in San Antonio. Now, I'm no expert on sporting. BUT, I am pretty sure that WNBA players get paid. I also feel that basketball is a sport. So that would make them professional athletes and that would make the San Antonio Silver Stars a professional team. And therefore the Spurs are not the only professional team in the city of San Antonio.

I'm just sayin' is'all.

No comments: